The Smart Nano Bio Devices group led by Dr. Samuel Sánchez, at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for several Post-docs candidates to work in a project on self-propelled nanoparticles as active drug delivery systems.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Take the leadership within the group of a competitive project related to the field of nanomotors, nanorobotics, enzymatic catalysis and nanoparticles. Once the PI is not present, he/she will be the main responsible of the assigned project.
– Active participation and supervision of high standard scientific publications and competitive grant proposals.
– Fabrication, design and optimization of self-propelled nanomachines towards fundamental undesrtanding or/and towards proof-of-concept applications
– After a initial positive period of time, the candidate may be responsible of a small group of students who will work in the same project.
– Other duties as assigned, which may include attending Scientific Conferences and International Meetings.
Requirements for candidates:
– Experience in self-propelled nano-motors based on : polymeric nano-particles, supramolecular chemistry, inorganic nanomaterials and mesoporous silica nano-particles.
– Strong background in synthesis and fabrication on nanoparticles.
– Knowledge on enzymatic reactions and catalysis.
– Enthusiast of nanomotors, nanorobotics and nanomachines.
– Competencies : communication skills, project planning and delivery, career management, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
– One year contract (possibility of extension for one year more ).
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to:jobs(at)ibecbarcelona.eu, before 15/09/2016 (Reference: PD-SS).