Application Deadline: 27/10/2017
The technician will be responsible of a new equipment of asymmetrical flow field flow fractionation (AF4) used for the characterization of nanoparticles, polymers and proteins and other analytical techniques related to this equipment and its complements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To handle, control, check the operation and calibration of the AF4 equipment, its cleanness and status, preventive maintenance and control of the equipment repairs.
- To develop and adapt methodologies for the analysis of the biological samples, drugs and biopolymers using different analytical techniques: AF4, HPLC, mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis, etc.
- Traceability of the samples and generated data with an adequate registration, safekeeping and storage.
- Graduated in an appropriate discipline (chemistry, pharmacy, biology, chemical/ engineering…)
- Experience in research laboratories with emphasis in colloidal sciences, physical chemistry, and pharmaceutical technology.
- Previous experience in analytical techniques: chromatography, mass spectrometry, capillary electrophoresis and specially AF4.
- Upper intermediate level of English or higher.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Funding and Duration
The post is funded for one year with the possibility to be extended.
Applications, in the form of curriculum vitae accompanied by a cover letter describing the qualification of the candidate for the position, should be mailed to:
Mrs. Purificación Domínguez
Avda. Barcelona s/n, University of Santiago de Compostela (USC)
15706 SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA, Spain