DIVERSA (www.diversatechnologies.com) is a biotechnology company located
in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
At DIVERSA we specialize in the formulation and intracellular delivery of
therapeutic molecules, offering them opportunities to develop into the clinic.
Molecules that otherwise would not reach their site of action, can now be
delivered to the target with their therapeutic properties intact thanks to our
patented delivery technology.
DIVERSA’s ambition is to prompt the development of innovative therapies for
the ultimate benefit of patients, starting a therapeutic revolution.
DIVERSA offers an open position as Scientist. This position is a unique
opportunity to add value to the growing field of biotechnology in Galicia
(https://www.galiciabio.tech/) and to develop a professional career in a biotech
company projected to be a reference in the sector of drug delivery and
The employee will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team and contribute
with his/her highly specialized knowledge to test and develop
formulations for the delivery of therapeutic molecules (small drugs,
proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, etc.) towards developing
applications for in-vitro and in-vivo therapies. The employee will be
involved in co-development agreements for third parties with high
expectations and strict deadlines. The employee must be proactive and
have a great positive mindset, flexibility, and adaptability to changes.
Areas of Responsibility
● Executing experiments, including establishing novel technologies inhouse.
● Develop analytical methods (HPLC).
● Determine physical and chemical stability of nanoparticle formulations
and conduct process development activities.
● Support method transfer from R&D to management team, as needed.
● Support analysis of various nanocarriers candidates, and
author/review SOPs and/or certificates of analysis.
● Support product release and stability activities, as needed.
● Coordinate equipment installation, qualification and calibration
activities if needed. Troubleshoot equipment related problems with
instrument manufacturers to resolve issues.
● Responsible for procurement of lipid excipients, lab reagents and
● Provide technical support and training to DIVERSA new staff (product
● May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or
Qualifications and Experience
● Degree in Pharmacy, Biology, and/or Biotechnology or similar.
● Expertise in the field of nanomedicine and pharmaceutical
● Preferably experience at a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
● Demonstrated expertise in design, development, and analysis of
● In-depth knowledge and experience with a range of standard
chemistry laboratory instrumentation, purification techniques, and
● In-depth knowledge and experience with physical characterization of
nanoparticles (DLS, NTA, TEM).
● Good understanding of drug/lipid design principles, PK, toxicity,
● Demonstrated experience with in-vitro testing of formulations.
● Knowledge and experience with a range of standard biological
experiments (e.g., confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, cell culturing,
western blot, cytotoxicity and uptake experiments, etc).
● Demonstrated experience working as part of a collaborative team in
a cross-disciplinary setting.
● Ability to perform routine and complex bench and instrumental
● Willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation, and
● Full-time contract (6 months trial period)
● Flexible schedule working hours
● Competitive salary (
● An interdisciplinary research environment
● DIVERSA provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please send us a one-page CV and motivation letter
to email@example.com (subject: Application for Scientist).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. More info can
be requested at the same email.
All information here.