Application Deadline: 30/08/2017
To participate in a Translational Research Project, entitled: “Delivery of Monoclonal Antibodies for Cancer Therapy».
Duties and Responsibilities
- To design, plan and carry out the experiments necessary for the project.
- To write up reports, research papers and present research findings.
- To have initiative to solve problems independently, and work with a team environment.
- To keep up to date with current developments in subject field.
- To be responsible for day-to-day purchase of materials, and other routine activities necessary to run the project.
- PhD in an appropriate discipline (Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Biomedical Engineering…).
- Experience in micro/nanoencapsulation, with emphasis in polymer-based delivery systems and encapsulation of biomolecules (antibodies, peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides, nucleic acids).
- Experience in the analysis of biomolecules (Western Blot, ELISA, HPLC, LC-MS)
- Capacity to develop compelling approaches and solutions to address project needs.
- Ability to be productive in an intense work environment and deliver to specific deadlines.
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records of experiments.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Upper intermediate level of English or higher.
Funding and Duration
The post is funded for one year with the possibility to be extended.
Prof. Alonso’s Lab, based in the CIMUS Research Institute of the USC, is specialized in “Nanotechnologies applied to the design of drug delivery systems”.
Information about the group activities can be found at: http://www.usc.es/grupos/mjalonsolab/
Applications, in the form of curriculum vitae accompanied by a cover letter describing the qualification of the candidate for the position, should be mailed to:
Mrs. Purificación Domínguez
Centro de Investigación en Medicina Molecular y Enfermedades Crónicas (CIMUS)
Avda. Barcelona s/n, University of Santiago de Compostela (USC)
15706 SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – Spain