Libera Bio® is a biopharma preclinical-stage company spun off from the laboratory of
Professor María José Alonso, worldwide leader in Nanomedicine, at the University of
Santiago de Compostela (USC), in Northwest Spain. Our purpose is to harness the potential
of a proprietary nanotechnology platform for drug delivery (MPN Technology®) with the
ambition of creating a next generation of Precision Nanomedicines to radically improve the
treatment of cancer. Our lead candidate is a novel nanomedicine (MPN-Anti-KRAS),
containing a new monoclonal antibody able to reach specific mutations of the oncoprotein
KRAS, so far considered an undruggable intracellular target.
We are looking for a Project Manager for supporting the Senior Management to drive
projects through timely decision points and milestones, from early-stage research through
regulatory preclinical studies and completion of clinical proof of concept.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans and budgets, in accordance
with company strategy and agreed objectives and goals.
• Work closely with the senior management to ensure successful completion of
project goals on schedule and within budget.
• Prepare project updates and clearly communicate status, milestones and
deliverables in written documents and presentations.
• Proactively identify opportunities, gaps, and risks. Prepare mitigations and
• Prepare meeting agendas, minutes, decision logs and track action items
• In collaboration with the senior management, prepare and deliver presentations as
required (e.g. to current or potential new partners and investors)
• Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes,
tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the R&D organization.
• Ensure team conflicts are resolved in a professional and timely manner
• Facilitate external quality audits
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Doctoral degree (M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent) in a relevant field, preferably in life
sciences, chemistry, biology or a related field.
• Proven experience in Project Management
• Hands-on experience in the development of biologicals and/or nanopharmaceuticals in Pharma/Biopharma companies.
• Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and FDA/EMA regulatory requirements.
• Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
• Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and Project
Management Software. Experience utilizing a LIMS is a plus.
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability,
and a positive attitude. Respectful and collaborative approach based on mutual
trust and support.
• Good listener and fast learner with exceptional ability to understand and simplify
complex problems, identify key issues, and propose pragmatic solutions while
keeping the big picture and goal in mind.
• Fluency in English and Spanish.
• Background in Oncology
• Experience writing technical documents for regulatory purposes
• Full-time indefinite contract (6 months trial period) in an exciting international
biotech start-up environment.
• Salary package commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the
• Flexible schedule working hours to reconcile work and family life
• Opportunities to advance your career in a growing organization.
• Starting date: July 2022
How to apply:
• Full CV including contact details
• Motivation letter
• 2-3 contacts for references
The application must be submitted through the specific form set up for that purpose on
our website, selecting “Send your CV” in the type
of enquiry and including “JOB OFFER: PROJECT MANAGER” in the message text