Application Deadline: 15/11/2016
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), a cutting-edge research center based in Barcelona, is looking for a Project Manager in Research. His/her role will be to oversee and manage the research projects of several research lines, liaising with other sites and institutions across Spain and Europe.
This position is supported by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness within the Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence Initiative 2015-2019.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– Funding: Identify new project opportunities for the research lines assigned.
– Project formulation: Support in the definition of project goals, advising on project partners, preparation of budget, support on proposal writing and submission.
– Project management: Liaising between project and funders; coordination between sites within international projects; coordinating and overseeing project reporting; keeping track of project agendas and deadlines.
– Financial management of the research lines: Maximizing the outcome of the research lines within the available budget.
– Liaising between research group leaders and other IBEC support areas (HR, Funding Services, Finance, TechTransfer and Communication) for the daily running of the research lines.
– Promotion of the interaction of research groups within IBEC to increase interdisciplinary.
Requirements for candidates:
– PhD in engineering, physics or experimental sciences.
– Minimum one year experience in research project management, in particular regarding Framework Programme projects (FP7, H2020) and other EU & international funding schemes.
– Full command of Spanish and English. Catalan is a plus.
– Capacity to work with people from different backgrounds and expertises.
– Good communication abilities.
– Team work, initiative and organization.
– Full time contract.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
– Salary will be determined upon experience and scientific background.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, before 15/11/2016 (Reference: PM-JA).