The successful candidate will learn the use of Super Resolution Microscopy and apply it to study the interactions of biomedical nanomaterials (e.g. nanoparticles, nanofibers) with their therapeutic target cells and tissues.
The objective is to acquire new knowledge about material-cell interactions in order to design novel nanomaterials with potential applications in drug delivery for cancer therapy and treatment of infectious diseases.
The project will benefit of international collaborations with research groups active in the field of nanomaterials synthesis and their clinical applications.
Requirements for candidates:
– BSc and MSc in the field of Biomedical Engineering, Nanoscience, Chemistry or Biophysics.
– Experience with mammalian cell culture and biomaterials.
– Additional experience with fluorescence microscopy will be an asset.
– High level of English.
– Good communication skills, interdisciplinary and team working abilities.
– 3 year predoctoral contract on the basis of yearly renewal.
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality international scientific environment.
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission. Thus, there are no restrictions of citizenship or gender and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and two references to:jobs(at)ibecbarcelona.eu, before 30/06/2015 (Reference: SR-LA).
Más información en la página web.