DIVERSA is a biotechnology company located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
At DIVERSA we specialize in the formulation and intracellular delivery of therapeutic molecules, offering them new opportunities to develop into the clinic. Molecules that otherwise would not reach their site of action, can now be
delivered to the target with their therapeutic properties intact thanks to our patented delivery technology.
DIVERSA’s ambition is to prompt the development of innovative therapies for the ultimate benefit of patients, starting a therapeutic revolution.
DIVERSA offers an open position as Project Lab Manager. This position is a unique opportunity to add value to the growing field of biotechnology in Galicia (https://www.galiciabio.tech/) and to develop a professional career in a biotech company projected to be a reference in the sector of drug delivery and nanomedicine.
The employee is expected to work on multiple projects, work with a crossdisciplinary team of Chemists, Biologists, Pharmacists, and Scientists. The employee must be a team player who thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks and aggressive deadlines and contributes to the general functioning of the R&D department and laboratory, co-development agreements, and the continued quality standards of laboratory work set by DIVERSA. The employee will supervise the work lab and contribute to brainstorming with colleagues and other experts to evaluate new concepts and ideas in the lab. The employee must have a great positive mind set and flexibility and tolerance to adapt to changes.
Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the lab team
- Provide support to the lab team in experimental design and data analysis
- Analyze experimental readouts, interpret results, and recommend
appropriate next steps
- Contribute to the development of novel technologies in-house
- Assist in generating intellectual property documents, draft patent
applications, evaluate prior art, and respond to patent office actions, as
- Write and/or review protocols, reports, SOPs and proposals as required
- Responsible for complex decision making and re-evaluation, optimization,
and troubleshooting of methodologies and processes. Provides technical
support to the team and customers (product use, protocols)
- Maintain established laboratory policies and procedures, objectives, quality
assurance programs, safety, and compliance standards
- Will support method transfer from R&D to the management team as needed
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- PhD in Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Biology or Chemistry with experience as a
scientist, preferably at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Strong practical background in nanotechnology is required. Demonstrated
contribution to the field as evidenced by patents or peer reviewed
- Demonstrated project management and tech transfer skills
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a collaborative team in a crossdisciplinary
setting and in supervision of personnel
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) workloads and balancing
conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of results
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Proven ability to apply critical and analytical thinking
- Flexible, collaborative, organized, data-driven, and detail-oriented.
- Full-time indefinite contract (6 months trial period)
- Flexible schedule working hours to reconcile work and family life
- Competitive salary
- An interdisciplinary research environment.
DIVERSA provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please send us a one-page CV, motivation letter, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com (subject: Application for PLM). Only candidates selected for an interview will be
contacted. More info can be requested at the same email.