DIVERSA is a biotechnology company located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
At DIVERSA we specialize in the formulation and intracellular delivery of therapeutic molecules, offering them opportunities to develop into the clinic. Molecules that otherwise would not reach their site of action, can now be delivered to the target with their therapeutic properties intact thanks to our patented delivery technology.
DIVERSA’s ambition is to prompt the development of innovative therapies for the ultimate benefit of patients, starting a therapeutic revolution.
DIVERSA offers an open position as Scientist. This position is a unique opportunity to add value to the growing field of biotechnology in Galicia (https://www.galiciabio.tech/) and to develop a professional career in a biotech company projected to be a reference in the sector of drug delivery and nanomedicine.
The employee will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team and contribute with his/her highly specialized knowledge to test and develop formulations for the delivery of therapeutic molecules (small drugs, proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, etc.) towards developing applications for in-vitro and in-vivo therapies. The employee will be involved in codevelopment agreements for third parties with high expectations and strict deadlines. The employee must be proactive and have a great positive mindset, flexibility, and adaptability to changes.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for procurement of lipid excipients, lab reagents and
- Develop analytical methods for drug substance and drug product
- Determine physical and chemical stability of nanoparticle formulations
and conduct process development activities
- Executing experiments, including establishing novel technologies inhouse
- Support method transfer from R&D to management team, as needed
- Support analysis of various nanocarriers candidates, and author/review SOPs and/or certificates of analysis
- Support product release and stability activities, as needed
- Coordinate equipment installation, qualification and calibration activities if needed. Troubleshoot equipment related problems with instrument manufacturers to resolve issues
- Provide technical support and training to DIVERSA new staff (product use, protocols)
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Pharmacy, Biology, and/or Biotechnology or similar
- Expertise in the field of nanotechnology and biotechnology
- Preferably experience at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Demonstrated expertise in design, development, and analysis of nanocarriers
- In-depth knowledge and experience with a range of standard chemistry laboratory instrumentation, purification techniques, and data analysis
- In-depth knowledge and experience with physical characterization of nanoparticles (DLS, NTA, TEM)
- Good understanding of drug/lipid design principles, PK, toxicity, pharmacodynamics, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with in-vitro testing of formulations
- Knowledge and experience with a range of standard biological experiments (e.g., confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, cell culturing, western blot, cytotoxicity and uptake experiments, etc).
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a collaborative team in a cross-disciplinary setting.
- Ability to perform routine and complex bench and instrumental analysis
- Willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation, and procedures
- Full-time indefinite contract (6 months trial period)
- Flexible schedule working hours to reconcile work and family life
- Competitive salary
- An interdisciplinary research environment
DIVERSA provides excellent opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please send us a one-page CV, motivation letter, and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Application for Scientist). Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. More info can be requested at the same email.