Libera Bio® is a biopharma preclinical-stage company spun off from the laboratory of Professor María José Alonso, worldwide leader in Nanomedicine, at the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC), in Northwest Spain. Our purpose is to harness the potential of a proprietary nanotechnology platform for drug delivery (MPN Technology®) with the ambition of creating a next generation of Precision Nanomedicines to radically improve the treatment of cancer. Our lead candidate is a novel nanomedicine (MPN-Anti-KRAS), containing a new monoclonal antibody able to reach specific mutations of the oncoprotein KRAS, so far considered an undruggable intracellular target.
Libera Bio offers one position as Research Scientist supported by “Programa INVESTIGO” (Xunta de Galicia).
- Plan and perform activities ranging from pre-formulation, formulation, characterization, analytical test and scale-up
- Summarize data and scientific findings in presentations and reports, providing data interpretation
- Support in drafting scientific publications and/or patents as required
- Closely collaborate and communicate with team members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Doctoral degree (M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent) in life sciences
- Expertise in formulation technologies with deep understanding of nanotechnology-based drug delivery platforms
- Proficient with analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC/UPLC, LC-MS, ELISA…)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills. Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, paired with the competence for trouble shooting
- Track record of scientific excellence in terms of scientific publications, patents, and/or conference presentations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude. Respectful and collaborative approach based on mutual trust and support.
- Minimum English level equivalent to B2
- Less than 30 years old (specific requirement of INVESTIGO Program call)
- Background in Oncology
- Experience in the delivery of biomolecules (peptides, proteins, RNA, antibodies,…)
- Experience in Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech industries
- Full-time 12-months contract in an exciting international biotech start-up environment (extendable)
- Salary package commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate
- Opportunities to advance your career in a growing organization.
- Starting date: April 25th, 2022 (as the latest)
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 30th including “RESEARCH SCIENTIST POSITION” in the email subject.